We hope you and your children will enjoy using the Garden. You will probably find that this is also a way of getting to know other parents with children of the same age as your own.
To ensure that the Garden can be enjoyed to the full by everyone, please teach your children these ten Garden rules:
- Don’t pick the flowers or go on the flower beds (especially the one in the centre), the plants do not respond well to being trampled
- Don’t play football or other ball games; small children may play with soft balls
- Don’t throw, hit or kick balls into the flower beds or where they will disturb other Garden users
- Don’t cycle on the grass (cycling is only allowed on the gravel path)
- Don’t climb trees
- Don’t urinate in the Garden
- Don’t mess about with the water hoses and taps
- Don’t walk or jump on the sandpit cover
- Don’t transport the sandpit sand or the gravel onto the lawn
- Try not to disturb other Garden users who may want to have a quiet time reading or sunbathing
- The baby swings are intended for small children; older children who are too big to fit inside the bucket seats should not be using them
We also have a few guidelines for parents:
- Always replace the sandpit cover when you leave the Garden unless there are other peopleâ€™s children playing in it â€“ this is the only way to ensure that it is not used by animals for other purposes
- Please limit the number of your guests to not more than 2 adults and 4 children at any one time (unless you have asked permission to hold a party), and remember that ultimately you, the keyholder, are responsible for the behaviour of your guests
- Please do not let your children run around naked: you never know who is lurking around behind the gates, and other people who are having picnics may not want to see naked children running around them
- Please remove all toys from the garden that you have brought in. Toys left overnight in the Garden may be taken to the charity shop or otherwise disposed of without warning
We rely on your children adhering to the rules to ensure everyone can enjoy the Garden.
Please help enforce these rules with your children and do not take offence if you find your children being asked by another keyholder to do so.