We hope you and your children will enjoy using the Garden. You will probably find that this is also a way of getting to know other parents with children of the same age as your own.
To ensure that the Garden can be enjoyed to the full by everyone, please teach your children these eight Garden rules:
- don’t pick the flowers or go on the flower beds
- don’t throw, hit or kick balls into the flower beds (especially the one in the centre)
- don’t mess about with the water hoses and taps
- don’t walk or jump on the sandpit cover
- don’t transport the sandpit sand or the gravel onto the lawn
- don’t play football or other ball games (tough, but it does damage the plants and may disturb other Garden users); small children may play with soft balls
- try not to disturb other Garden users who may want to have a quiet time reading or sunbathing
- the baby swings are intended for small children; older children who are too big to fit inside the bucket seats should not be using them
We also have a few guidelines for parents:
- always replace the sandpit cover when you leave the Garden unless there are other people’s children playing in it – this is the only way to ensure that it is not used by animals for other purposes;
- please limit the number of your guests to not more than 2 adults and 4 children at any one time (unless you have asked permission and are having a party), and remember that ultimately you, the keyholder, are responsible for the behaviour of your guests;
- please do not let your children run around totally naked: you never know who is lurking around behind the gates… and other people who are having picnics may not want to see naked children running around them.